Board of Directors
Sign-up Close Date 9/11/2016
Time Commitment 3 Year Commitment
Travel Required Travel required
The board of directors consist of 9 elected members from the membership, they each serve 3 year terms. Annually 3 positions become available and a Nominating committee selected by the board will select 3 candidates for the positions. Members can apply for selection through the annual election processes.
The board will establish standing committees, but not limited to; Budget, By-Law, Conference, Membership, Fund Raising and Nominating.
This group requires two face to face meetings per year with the first kick off meeting being held in conjunction with NCOFCU's Annual Meeting. Other
work is accomplished via regular teleconferences and email.
Major Board Responsibilities
- Affirming, and if needed, reassessing the organization’s vision, mission and objectives
- Fundraising and diversifying revenue
- Enhancing the organization’s public standing and brand awareness
- Monitoring and strengthening programs and services
- Protecting assets and providing financial oversight
- Supporting and evaluating the chief executive
- Building a competent Board
- Ensuring legal and ethical integrity
Job Description .pdf: C1.15 Board of Directors Job Description.pdf
- strategic thinkers
- creative and out the box thinkers
Number of openings expected: 3
Level of Effort: Extensive
No. Of Volunteers Needed: 9
Please note, NCOFCU volunteers are responsible for covering the costs of their own travel, lodging and expenses to NCOFCU meetings and events. This includes registration costs for events.