Sign-up Close Date Open
Time Commitment 1 Year Commitment
Travel Required Travel required
To provide a structure for ensuring that potential members of the National Council of Firefighter Credit Unions, Inc. (NCOFCU), a 501 (C) 3 corporation, Board of Directors receive adequate preparation to perform successfully and contribute significantly. These potential members shall be called Associate Directors.
The Associate Directors consist of 3 appointed members. They each serve 1 year terms. They are selected for a list of volunteers by the board of directors.
This group requires two face to face meetings per year with the first kick off meeting being held in conjunction with NCOFCU's Annual Meeting. Other
work is accomplished via regular teleconferences and email.
- Their respective credit union must be a member of NCOFCU in good standing;
- Display an interest in NCOFCU and a willingness to serve its members through board activities;
- Be willing and able to devote the time and effort it takes to serve as an associate, on various committees (as appointed by the Chairman), and in various educational programs; and
- Demonstrate that he/she is a team player who exercises sound judgment.
Job Description .pdf: C1.17 Associate Director.pdf
- strategic thinkers
- creative and out the box thinkers
Number of openings expected: 3
Level of Effort: Extensive
No. Of Volunteers Needed: 9
Please note, NCOFCU volunteers are responsible for covering the costs of their own travel, lodging and expenses to NCOFCU meetings and events. This includes registration costs for events.